Pages

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Gavin Graduated from Kindergarten!

Updates Since My Last Post

Last week Gavin graduated from Kindergarten!

He only missed one day of school the entire year. We are so proud of him. Such a bright boy too. On his MAP testing (the stuff they do at the end of the year) He scored very high in both the reading and math testing. He was 93% in math and 96% in reading I think. 

Now he is on to day camp. Yes, I know I'm a stay at home mom. But really, what kid wouldn't like to get the chance to do archery, go to free movies, have Tai Kwan Do lessons, go to a huge waterpark, do music classes, art classes and learn sports and games they may not have been introduced to yet, all in one week. Then after the weekend they get to do it all over again! They get all that for just $50 a week. It includes their breakfast, lunch, snacks and all fees to the activities. Seriously, I would have been crazy to keep him away from that kind of fun since I could actually afford it this summer. In fact, today when I went to pick him up he refused to leave! I had to bribe him with a McDonald's smoothie to get him to leave with me instead of wait another half hour. (He was waiting on their snack, poor kid was hungry). The very first day he came home and fell asleep at 6:30 pm and didn't wake up until the next morning he was so tired from the day. They really wear the kids out. That's ok with me. He's less active in the evenings and less likely to get into mischief. 


No comments:

Post a Comment