Pages

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Decisions, Decisions.....

Comfy Chairs


Recently I've had the need for a new chair. Not just any chair, a reading chair. Looking for such an important chair was a serious thing because I spend a lot of time in my reading chair. This chair was going to have to be comfortable, yet supportive, durable, but cosy, and still somehow fit in with the schematics of my other living room furniture.

My current reading chair is a completely broken down chair that Ken has had for many years, so I didn't choose it and wouldn't have if I'd had my way. So I had to think about what kind of chair I wanted instead of the one I have. What makes a good comfy chair in my opinion? I had to also take into account how I like to sit when I read because I vetoed certain features based on that. Here are a few pictures of chairs that others on the internet posted as "comfy chairs". A few I think may be too.

This one is just cool. Maybe the form is comfy but I bet it's itchy.

This is more than a chair but certainly comfy!


I totally love this one, though I wouldn't choose it for myself.




This one would be great for anyone that reads with their kids or likes to prop their legs up sometimes.  

Mod Comfy?



Comfy with class


Caveman Comfy

 I ended up buying one at a furniture store in Danville. It wasn't my first choice. The first one was out of my budget range. Oh, but it was perfect! However, the one I'm getting is good too. The design is funky, not tame at all, but should still go with the rest of my living room. Since I had to order it I will not get it in for a few weeks! NO instant gratification darn it!

Truly comfy, I believe. The one I chose comes close to this one

Deciding on a chair wasn't easy. There was a limited number of stores in Danville to check out the stock and there was a certain criteria I had in mind. But I found something in a relatively normal amount of time with little stress.


DUVET's

Believe it or not there are numerous websites that sell duvets online. Of course, I want the right one for my bed. I would like to have had one already, before my pretty white down comforter got stains on it, but too late. Now I NEED one and I'm unhappy that I can't seem to choose one out of the hundreds or thousands available online. Oh, I can forget about going to the actual stores to try to get one. I've done that. Apparently the stores don't keep those in stock. At least the ones I went to don't. Those are catalog or online only. OR they are sold out or just plain don't have what I want. 

My choice was from JC Penney. 
My solution? Today I spent some time really checking out the online sites for duvets and narrowed it down to the one that I can live with. I really did. I mean, there comes a time when you just have to go for it and make a commitment. Just like with my chair. I had to just go for it and do it. Otherwise I'd end up with nothing but a broken down chair and stains on my comforter. 


No comments:

Post a Comment