Pages

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Ramblings

FREE BOOK LISTS

I love to get free books. Rarely do I pay for a book. If I so it's only because it is a sequel to something that I'm reading and the "want to know" about the character outweighs my purse strings. 

So I have a few book lists I get e-mails from. These are: admin@ereadernewstoday.com, freeebooksdailyblog@gmail.com and anthonywessel@digitalbooktoday.com. All of those yield great free books of all genres. They can bee good for anyone that doesn't take the time to go to Amazon and look at the free book list themselves to find what they want. 

Truly, those lists just get their info from the top 100 free book list list at Amazon. If I want to get free books I just go to Amazon and look them up myself. It may take me 30 minutes a day to look at the few genre lists I prefer but assuming I want to get some quality free books that what I have to do. 

There are other websites to get free books. But I don't deal with them. Honestly, I get so much from Amazon I don't have the time or need to go to the other places. Maybe I'm missing out, I don't know. I do have a few authors and author critics I am friends with on Facebook that give me leads to free books so sometimes I get sent to those places for free books and get some quality stuff. It's rare. 

FACEBOOK

The computer, to me, is not the way to live a life. Once upon a time I was addicted to being on it. That was a long time ago. Now I can take it or leave it. I am so sporadic on Facebook I can't tell you how often I miss important stuff in my friends and families lives. Something happens and my husband tells me something, then I'm mad at myself for not paying attention. I get obsessed with reading books in a series, or watching a tv series or just plain doing something else that keeps me away from the computer so I stay away from it for days at a time and I don't even look at my e-mail unless it's important - and it never is. So please, if I seemingly don't notice what's going on with your lives it has nothing to do with you personally. It's because I'm just not around to be looking. I promise I will try to catch up and read backlogs when I get on the computer again after having been off of it for a while though. 

PICKLES

I've recently become totally into eating pickles again. No, I'm not pregnant. At least, I'd better not be. What is it about pickles that just makes a person either want them or not want them? I'll eat them straight from the jar then drink the juice. Hmmmmm...

Is that random enough?




No comments:

Post a Comment