Pages

Friday, January 4, 2013

What's Next? VALENTINE'S DAY!

After the Holiday Bustle is Through What Do We Have To Look Forward To?

Our presents are opened, our trees and stockings are taken down and our merry bells have quit ringing. The New Year is in full swing and for me, well, I'm 40 now, middle aged, life is over. What now? What is there to look forward to next? What's on YOUR agenda? Think about it. Take a long hard look.

I used to think of things to look forward to in terms of holidays that I got off work. Martin Luther King, Jr.'s birthday, Presidents Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and whatever was in between, if I missed any. I haven't worked in 5 years so now those holidays just mean my husband and my child are home for me. Sometimes it's a good thing sometimes it's a great thing. Depends on my mood. It's never a bad thing though. But I don't run my calendar based on those days anymore is my point.

The next thing to look forward to, for me, is Valentines Day. Apparently the stores agree since right after Christmas they started putting Valentines Day candy out. I love candy and this is a bad time of year for me. I may need to seriously look into that free gym program Ken's work offers to spouses.

One thing I love about Valentines Day, besides getting something and candy, is the roses. Roses happen to be one of my favorite things in the whole world. I now have 5 tattoos of roses and 1 dogwood. I love them so much. Red is my favorite color, peach is second and pink is third. There is a hybrid that looks blue that I really like, too, but they are hard to find. I raised some purplish hybrids once that were beautiful.

This is the tattoo I got on January 3 this year for my 40th birthday present.
It's on the outer part of my left calf.
Another thing I love about Valentines Day is seeing other people happy. Sure, people get the happy bug at Christmas but at Valentines Day they at least act like there is true love everywhere. It's when new love blooms and the old flame rekindles. It's when people think about things like marriage and dating and all those things I used to love to read about when I read plain old sappy romance novels. (Now my novels have to have some blood and gore in them - vampires - but they are still sappy romance novels.)

Whatever you look forward to next, have fun at it. Enjoy it. Don't let it pass you by too quickly without checking out the other people and seeing what they think about the same day that you think is so special. You might be surprised at how much the other people really like Groundhog Day.


This first tattoo is on my right breast.
It needs updated or covered up as it wasn't done well.

The second tat on my right ankle was a cool tribal look.

The third one was simple and sweet, on my left chest.
I got the Dogwood because I gave my life to Christ.
It is on my right wrist.

The fifth Tat is on my arm just above the dogwood.






No comments:

Post a Comment