Pages

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Hoarding

I am a hoarder. I have to come right out and admit it to the world. After all, that's the first step to recovery, right? In my case I have been obsessed with hoarding as many eBooks as I can possibly stuff in my cloud and on my Kindle, yet there is still more room! I can't believe it! I must fill up every megabite of space with all those precious free books that are offered out there!

Oh, hold on, let me compose myself.. You see, I have never in my life gotten to own books like this. I've had to go to the library or the yard sales and the trade book stores for all my books. Never could I dream I might be able to read a book over again. But then, with all these freebies available, when would I have time?

If you haven't guessed yet, I'm talking about the availability of tons of free indie books on Amazon and other eBook websites. The catch is, though the books are free, we may never know if the book is going to be good quality or not. We just have to read it and hope it is. I love to read books of any kind and love to read for the story. Indie books typically have more grammatical errors and punctuational errors than the pricier ones. I really like correct English, but I can overlook some problems in lew of a great story.

Another great thing for me about getting all those free books is that I just happen to be a speed reader. I can zoom through a book in an hour or so if I'm interested in it enough, depending on the genre. I recently reviewed a series of 5 young adult paranormal books that only took me an overnight reading. Speedreading takes skill. I takes dedication. It takes a person like me who has sat in bed or on the couch most of her life doing nothing but reading books! I'd never be able to count the amount of books I've read in my lifetime. But I sure can now on my cool Kindle Fire!

The funny thing about me is I rarely like to read a book twice. When I do keep a book to read twice, it's a darn good book. I have a few sets of hard back books that I will read more than once. There are lots of singles I might read again, too. The rest are eBooks now and will always be, unless someone impresses me. My house is not going to truly look like a book hoarders home.

No comments:

Post a Comment