Pages

Saturday, August 18, 2012

I like Pirates

I like Pirates. I love the romantic idea of pirates. The outfits are cool, the devil may care attitude, the (three sheets to the wind) bravery and the never ending bloodthirsty quests for treasure (stubborn fools) are magnetic to me. I'm a rebel. I take great pleasure in life doing what others say I can't. When I met Ken he told me he shared the same passion for all things pirate as I did. Right then I knew I'd found a potential mate. Someone to at least have fun with. That was before I met him. So our first meeting was at a bookstore after several batches of e-mails. It was not meant to be a date. We fell for each other that night. The rest is history.

I have the one photo that Ken said made him take notice of me and dare to e-mail me asking to get together.
Moving on.... I'm sharing photos from our wedding celebration. We only had immediate family members there and it was held a few days after we were actually married. But, it was PIRATE themed. Take a close look at the cake and see the story behind it. Also, Gavin, the tinniest pirate, was two weeks old in these pics.
  





Today I just happened to be looking for my scrapbook I made during this time so I wanted to post about this stuff.

The next to last picture I'm sharing is a grouping Ken and I did while I was pregnant. They are a foray into photography art for us. We wanted some memories of that time but we didn't want to pay exhorbitant prices so we did them ourselves.


The last picture is what I usually wear on Halloween, which is coming up sooner than we think. Stores already have decorations and candy out! The marketing of holidays is sad these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment