Pages

Friday, December 14, 2012

I Have a Confession To Make....

Unbreakable ornaments

I Have a Generic Christmas Tree


My Generic Tree
Yes, it's true, my Christmas tree is so generic it could be one of those kind you find already put together at Wal-Mart advertising to buy their trees. OK, maybe not Wal-Mart... Target. At least they decorate their trees nicer with more ornaments.

Don't get me wrong, my tree is very pretty in my opinion. It just doesn't exude the Christmas feelings that my previous trees have. The difference is in the ornaments. In previous years I've had all the ornaments I've collected throughout the years. The Disney characters, the ones the kids made at school, the ones I got from friends as gifts, the ones I bought to commemorate special occasions, etc. Almost each and every one of them had a story behind it. If it didn't, then it's story was that I bought it just because I needed extra ornaments that year, but I knew why I bought it.

But I did something different this year. My husband bought a new tree and 200 new generic, but pretty, ornaments. I thought that meant he wanted to see the tree in only all those ornaments, leaving no room for my old ones. Now I can see that I was wrong to leave them off and I will certainly not do that again next year. It's too close to Christmas for me to make changes to the tree now so I'll leave it as it is. At least these ornaments are less breakable than my keepsakes and I don't have to worry about the dogs knocking down glass stuff.




DECORATING


Isn't it great to be able to get out the decorations of Christmas and get that old Holiday Spirit back? As you Deck the Halls with Boughs of Holly or whatever else you're decorating with you can turn on the holiday music and feel the season flow right through you. When do you get out your decorations? There are so many different things I've been told by different people for different reasons. One starts decorating right after Halloween, Oh My! Another starts decorating the weekend before Christmas - yet another Oh My! Why wait so late?

I like to start decorating really soon after Thanksgiving. That's when the Christmas music gets going really well on the radio and there are more stores than Wal-Mart putting out decorations to buy. More people are talking about Christmas so the excitement just seems to be floating in the air everywhere. When decorating for the holiday it really helps me to be just coming back from some place just bursting with energy, like, the mall. Then I feel the Holiday spirit and actually want to get out that pack of 2,000 bulbs in the 15 degree weather and put all over my house. OK, maybe I'm going too far with that... I hate cold weather and we haven't put up lights this year. But do you understand what I mean the holiday spirit is contagious?

If anyone actually reads this please leave me a comment, say hi, let me know you've stopped by. Especially if I don't know you. Tell me your Christmas tradition.

Have a Very Merry Christmas Everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment