Pages

Monday, December 3, 2012

Thanksgiving, Christmas and my Birthday

THANKSGIVING

I got to spend Thanksgiving with some of Ken's family in Florida. It was nice. The last few years my family of four have spent Thanksgiving here at home doing nothing. The next day we went to Walt Disney World. That was a treat for our family. Spending money we really couldn't afford to, but doing it anyway because we had a little saved up for a vacation and that's what we chose to do. That was the real reason we were in Florida. The day after that I had a migraine. A serious blown out real migraine. The two days before had ruined me. Luckily we had provided a day of rest in Florida so I was able to sleep all day long at a family members house while the rest of the gang visited family there. I really slept a whole day and night. It was enough to allow me to be refreshed to drive home a third of the way on Sunday. I would have driven more but Ken just happens to like to drive.

CHRISTMAS

Christmas is going to be spent at home, as usual.

I am really writing to rant about presents. How hard it is to buy presents for a 15 year old! It's even getting tougher to buy them for my 6 year old, Gavin. He wants different things all the time. Actually, he wants everything, so how are we to pick out just a couple of things to get him? Things that he'll care for, maybe? That he might not ruin or forget about within a week of Christmas. I know we can get him clothes but thats more of a present for us when it comes to his age. Ha ha Gavin. As far as Erin, I can get her clothes too, but she'd have to pick them out since I know she does not like what I like. I've been shopping with her and what I picked out she totally vetoed. I have gotten her a couple of things, I think she'll like them. She may read this so I won't mention them. There are a few more things I have in mind but I don't know if I'll get them or not. They are not primary gifts as I've already gotten that. Next, there is my husband. He never gives me a hint as to what he wants. I'm thinking outside the box with him but he may think my gift idea too frivolous. Maybe I'll do it anyway and he'll love it. I know he reads this so Ken, you'll just have to wait and see - at least until you give me a better idea. I've already gotten my gift. I got to pick it out. I'm good. I got an upgraded wedding ring. The Celtic weave band is my actual original band, but this makes the third upgrade since then. It's a one Carat tw PPF diamond band, chosen by Ken and myself at Reed's Jewelers. This isn't the best picture but you get the idea.

MY BIRTHDAY

January 3rd is my birthday. I'll be 40. I'm having a hard time with that number for some reason. This whole year all I  could think about was I'm almost 40. That I look 40. I'm looking so much older. The last few years have really taken a toll on me. When I was 36 I looked 32, maybe. Now I look 40. I look my age. 

Birthdays can suck sometimes. Mine does anyway because it's right after Christmas. That's a little selfish because I'm thinking about how I get screwed on presents - usually the Christmas and birthday one get lumped in together. So not fair. Sometimes even Valentines day gets lumped in together with it! At least I didn't get married around that time too! OK, considering my Christmas gift this year I have very little right to complain. I'm a little teensy bit selfish.

Maybe when I turn 41 or 42 for a present I can get a little nip and tuck around my eyes and chin. I think my aunt got her first plastic surgery at 45. I could do a few years better. I'll just start saving up my extra quarters, the ones Gavin doesn't manage to find after I get change. Those can really add up. Besides, the cost of those procedures has really gone down anyway. Hmmm...



No comments:

Post a Comment