Pages

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Dreams

Dreams in the course of a life are a natural thing. Dreaming at night, dreaming during the day, and then there are the long term DREAMS. Those we have that we want to DO. Our obsessions. What we want to do besides our careers. What we wish were our careers.

One of my husbands and my friends opened their family's restaurant last night. I am so very happy for his family. They went for their dream and made it real. It took time and courage. There will still be lots of heartache and worry because a venture like that is never completely solid. But it is a dream come true. I envy that. It's amazing and wonderful. Congratulations to Nash and Dijuana at Pescara's Pizza.

I've had many dreams. I've wanted to be in space, an author, a hotel manager and a business owner. This, I'm sure are just a few, but they stand out among the crowd. I never really went to much effort in becoming any one of these things, except get the assoc. degree in business. It was mostly talk and dreams. I went through my life working my jobs, not even careers, thinking I've got plenty of time to work on this. I can still do things later (except for the  being in space thing of course). Life gets in the way. The there came even more life than I expected, stuff that I got into that I hadn't planned on, but did anyway and years passed without me even noticing. Now here I am and I'll be 40 in a few months. What have I done with my life? I feel as if I do not have time to do anything else with it.

But the fact is I am only 39 and I still have plenty of time to work on other dreams. No one says I can't think small and work my way up. Author doesn't have to mean book. It can mean short story.Business owner doesn't have to mean brick and mortar, it can mean selling my typing services from home, or something like that. I just have to think smaller. I don't need to make myself fail before I even begin to do something that might actually become something good.

Now if I can just make myself truly believe that all the time I'll be good to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment