Pages

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Politics and Other Ramblings

I'm already sick of hearing about anything having to do with politics. I am NOT into politics at all. I never really participated much in the elections in my past. I would try to go out in the presidential elections and "make my voice heard." Truth is, I probably did an "eeny meeny miney mo" on most of the other candidates. Or I selected the one I actually remembered hearing their name somewhere (good advertising is critical). Now, for a personal reason, I cannot vote and am pretty happy about it. I have a good excuse to stay away from the polls.

My husband, however, is somewhat political. I think he does pay attention to things going on around us but we don't talk about it. It's not a topic of conversation in our household because I could not care less. I haven't even asked him who he'd choose as president. He would probably tell me but I'm certain the reasons why would not come after that answer. He knows I'd zone out.

Facebook is a fount of information about the candidates. Even a few of my friends have been waging their own war of words. I will not unfriend them, nor will I shut them out just because they are pushing through stuff I don't want to see. I've been quite guilty of that kind of thing in the recent past. I got heavily into trying to win eBooks or other prizes and had to "like" a bunch of things and people as well as post ads for books and such. Sorry about that by the way. I often wonder how many people put me on their no show list because of that. I even got tired of doing that stuff myself. It was too time consuming, taking me away from my real love - reading books.

On a happier note, my daughter and I spent time together today and at no point did I want to strangle her (just a matter of speech, not a death threat people). I was frustrated a few times, rolled my eyes a whole lot, and flat out told her the truth of my disappointment with her recent bad behaviors (I will not write about), but I still kept cool. That is something to celebrate for me, a real breakthrough.

We were at an appointment most of the morning but afterwards we went to the mall to pick out her birthday gift. She turns 15 at the end of the month. I wanted to get her a small Coach purse but she wanted special shoes. I got her both. A Coach wristlet and Nike hightops. The shoes are where we disagreed. She wanted men's shoes and I think men's shoes are too bulky. Not to mention they were more expensive. In the end she got her way as it was her birthday present. Sometimes she can manipulate me into anything. She is, after all, my daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment