Pages

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Little Luxuries and a Birthday Party

I was able to do some special shopping last week and got two luxuries I'd wanted for a long time: a very nice COACH purse and an iPad!

I am actually enjoying my purse more than the iPad right now because the purse is just so new smelling and has so many pockets for everything. Plus I get so many nice compliments on it, etc. I LOVE it! Went to the Coach store with my three potential purses on a list, looked at each and chose one. Easy peasy. Then went to Godiva to get some chocolate to ease my stomach a bit before heading into Apple for the iPad.

It was also easy to get the iPad since I knew exactly what I wanted. Just tell the sales guy and boom, we're outta there. I know I'll enjoy the iPad a whole lot more when I start getting into the apps that are specific for it. Right now I've only downloaded two apps that utilize iPad at it's best. I've mostly been using it to read on or surf the web. Plus it takes the place of both my computer and the Kindle.

I am probably going to let Gavin use the Kindle for more of his games on trips and such. Also he likes the HD talking storeybooks. The Kindle has been useful this week, though, when I didn't want to close a window I would just have both the Kindle and the iPad up using both to do something.

I guess I could use my computer but I prefer mobility. My laptop is such a dinosaur that it's more of a desktop now, non-moveable. I actually have a picture frame back velcroed to the top of my laptop so that when it's open it can stay propped up. Otherwise it would flop all the way open like two halves of a hotdog bun; the joint connection is broken and has been for several years. My computer is 7 years old.

A laptop is a luxury. I can get a really nice desktop for the same price as I can get a halfway nice laptop. But I want to move around. Mobility is important to me. My dining room chairs are not something I like sitting in for long lengths of time and that's where we have our office set up.

Oh yes, a luxury for the iPad luxury came in the form of the iPad case. I believe that some protection is necessary for those things. What I spent was not necessary just for protection, but because I want to be able to read a certain way I have to pay for it. Isn't that always the way it is? Longway or horizontal is the way people are apparently excpected to read their iPads, Kindles and other readers and such. I say that because getting any kind of Portrait or verticle cover is not easy. I found one locally, not cheap at even the cheapest place, Wally world. (finding a good one online for my Kindle was a challenge).

Gavin is having his B-Day party at Windjammers Fun Center

September 30, a Sunday at 1pm, Gavin will be having his birthday party at Windjammers Fun Center at 3846 S. Danville Bypass, Danville, KY 40422. I'll be sending out real invitations to kids but if anyone wants to come let me know. Adults can come but BYOF. I'll supply the cake and drinks.

Gav actually turns 6 on Oct. 4. His sissy Erin turns 15 on September 29 so we'll be singing happy birthday to her too at Gavin's party.

No comments:

Post a Comment