Pages

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

IKEA, the PlayPlace of Adults

Ken and I have decided to go to IKEA to get a set of bookshelves. These are not just any bookshelves because IKEA is not just any store. The Billy Bookcases can be bought in little pieces so they are so customizable we can set them up any way we need them to fit in our house. We can put glass on the front of one or two shelves or on a whole wall unit. We can put drawers in some, and doors on some, or choose not to. I LOVE it. All we need when we go there is the dimensions of the area we're putting the bookcases in and we can start designing.

Oh, and even better is that the parts all come flat and ready to assemble with easy instructions so we'll be able to do it ourselves. I know we can because I've put together an IKEA bunk bed frame before and it was a snap. The furniture is all supposed to be made like that. I just need to ask my mom if I can borrow her truck. How about it mom? You can drive our car.

I call IKEA the PlayPlace of adults because you have little to no stress while shopping since they provide childcare and a place to eat if you get hungry. Then of course there is the stuff they sell. It is amazing! You have to have a map to get through it. They sell everything there, all created for living in smaller spaces, with a minimalistic look and higher efficiency. IKEA is a foreign company so they do things differently as far as furniture and decor. I like it. I could stay and play with the stuff there all day long! Oh, the really best part is that the stuff is really affordable! Totally within a normal person's price range. Like, the duvet cover I need to keep my lovely cloud feeling comforter from getting dirty is going to cost at least half if not less than that if I had gone anywhere else.

Unfortunately there is a time limit on the childcare so I will have to check out, hmmm, unless Mom will take care of Gavin too, giving us longer time to shop... How about it Mom? Please? I'll owe you one. I never get to have fun anymore and really need this playdate.

Here's the kicker: I can't go there often because the closest IKEA is in West Chester, OH, 127 miles from here. It's still worth the drive. The only other time I went to an IKEA is when we were in Orlando, FL visiting Ken's family. That's when I fell in LOVE.

No comments:

Post a Comment